Applications open for Grow Wild Community Projects 2019
Grow Wild is awarding grants of £2,000 or £4,000 to groups across the UK to deliver projects in their community focused on UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi.
If your idea is still developing, read on to find out everything you need to know about applying for funding from Grow Wild.
Applications for funding will close at midday on Monday 10 December 2018.
Why are we funding projects?
Grow Wild connects people to nature and each other by funding creative and innovative ideas, focused on UK native wildflowers, plants and fungi. We support community groups and organisations to bring imaginative, and engaging projects to life.
We help to improve the environment and people’s wellbeing by encouraging them to be active, take notice of what’s around them, learn new things, and give back to their community.
What kind of projects do we fund?
We will fund all sorts of things from creative events, art work to establishing wild flower areas. If your project and organisation are eligible, in 2019 Grow Wild is looking to fund projects that promote and highlight our aims and objectives within their project delivery. These are:
- focus on UK native wild flowers, plants and/or fungi, through planting or as inspiration, and will help people understand the importance of these native species for the environment and our lives.
- work with one or more of Grow Wild’s target audiences:
- Young people aged 12-25
- Communities living in urban areas
- Communities experiencing some disadvantage or reduced access to services
- Adults that are less engaged with their community and environmental activities
- have the potential to reach at least 300 people
- enable people to connect with, learn something new and give to help each other and nature.
- have an idea that is introducing something new, e.g. a new, unlikely location, new group of people or creative way to engage your audience.
Find out more in our Community Project Aims and Objectives
Who can apply?
Click here to read our eligibility guide and find out if your group or organisation is eligible to apply for Grow Wild community project funding from Grow Wild. Please read this section carefully before beginning your application.
Do you have an idea for a project?
Grow Wild have put together a suitability checker to help you make sure your idea meets our aims. Click below and answer 6 short questions to help you to decide whether or not to make an application this year.