Volunteer as a Grow Wild mentor
Grow Wild’s Volunteer Mentors
Can you excite people about native wild flowers, plants or fungi?
Can you share advice about community engagement and project promotion?
Grow Wild is now recruiting more volunteer mentors to support the UK’s biggest-ever wild flower campaign.
By volunteering, you’ll have the opportunity to visit inspiring community projects, share your knowledge with others, learn new skills and meet great people.
We’re looking for mentors to support Grow Wild with our new activities in 2017, and also to enhance and reinvigorate our 2014-16 network of youth and community groups.
We’ll connect you with our network in one of eight hub locations across the UK, or where you live, or through a group that you already work with.
We ask our mentors to dedicate a minimum of 20 hours from March to October 2017 to support groups on a range of subjects, such as the following:
- Sowing and growing native wild flowers and plants.
- Understanding and celebrating native fungi.
- Involving a wide range of people and connecting with other groups.
- On and offline promotion of the project’s activities and achievements.
We provide free training in spring and summer, plus a free handbook and t-shirt. You’ll have regular support from the Grow Wild team, as well as a certificate to recognise achievement.
Who should apply?
- People with an interest in UK native wild flowers, plants or fungi.
- People with experience of community projects, engaging diverse community groups and promotion of projects/events.
- People with good communication skills and the ability to share problem solving tips.
How to apply
The closing date for applications for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland is midday Monday 6 March, and the closing date for applications for England is midday Monday 13 March. We will accept later applications up to one week before the training weekend you wish to attend (see dates below).
1. Please take a look at the Grow Wild mentor role description and how to apply guidance.
2. Take a look at our induction training dates below. Please tell us on your application form when and where you’re available to join us. Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to a maximum of £60 and accomodation provided where needed.
Induction training dates:
Manchester, 18-19 March
Bristol, 1-2 April
London, 8-9 April
Glasgow, 11-12 March
Edinburgh, 14 March + 12 March half day in Glasgow
Cwmbran, 11-12 March
Prestatyn, 8-9 April
Belfast, 11-12 March
3. Click here for the application form.
Want to know more?
Please get in touch with us today to discuss the role and your application:
Kate Allardyce on 020 8332 5445 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine Winrow on 020 8332 5444 / email@example.com
For country specific enquiries, please see the contact details in the role description at the link above.