Terms and conditions for Grow Wild seed kits 2020
Our spring seed sowing campaign:
- Provides the opportunity for people registering to receive free wildflower seeds in the post and growing advice by email.
- Bases allocation of free wildflower seeds on the following:
- Availability of stocks for each UK country. These are limited and split according to population size and expected demand.
- Extent to which recipients will engage Grow Wild’s target beneficiary audiences through their groups. These audiences are children under 12, young people aged 12-25, adults living in disadvantaged areas, and adults disengaged from nature.
- Will notify people if they will receive free wildflower seeds by the end of March 2020. People not selected will be sent information on where they might source their own wildflower seeds.
- Will send people emails with advice on growing wildflowers in groups, unless they unsubscribe.
- Collects information to help us and our funders know who we’re reaching.
Free wildflower seeds are:
- Only available to people in the UK. Submissions from outside the UK will not be considered.
- Country-specific: seeds must be grown in the country stated on the application form. Applications for England will only be supplied with England seeds; applications for Scotland will only be supplied with Scotland seeds, etc.
- Delivered in time for spring sowing. Kits will be sent out in late March/early April 2020, although this may be subject to change.
- Subject to change where items may differ from that advertised across promotional material and online.
- Not available for use in personal gardens, but individuals and families can access seed here and register to receive growing advice here.
- Not to be sold, used as competition prizes, or otherwise given in exchange for goods or services.
- Not to be promoted or advertised on freebie websites.
- Not to be sown in or around natural or conservation areas. For more information please see our FAQs.
Wildflower seed recipients are required to:
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Select, on the entry form, the country where their growing space is located. This is so that we send the right seeds to the right country.
- Ensure that the information and delivery address supplied in the Grow Wild application form is accurate. Grow Wild is not responsible for any inaccurate or unsuccessful deliveries.
- Take responsibility for the health and safety of any group members when carrying out suggested activities.
- Complete the necessary photo consent forms as advised in Grow Wild’s photography policy when taking photographs of people participating in activities, if sharing these photos with Grow Wild.
- Have land owner’s permission before starting their sowing activities.
- If the applicant is under 18 years of age, a responsible adult (someone over the age of 18) must help them undertake the above tasks.
- Reserves the right to withdraw or amend this campaign at any time. Notification will be made on the Grow Wild website.
- Does not guarantee that all entries to the spring sowing campaign will receive free wildflower seeds.
- Does not guarantee that all the wildflowers listed on the website will appear when sown.
- May contact campaign participants to take part in promotional activities and evaluation surveys.