Go on a nature quest
We know how important it is for people to connect with nature. Just taking a moment each day to notice and appreciate the nature around us can improve our mood and reduce stress*.
So we’d like to encourage you to go on a #NatureQuest.
Take a moment out of your day to notice the nature around you.
What do you see when you... pause and look up, up from your feet, or up from your phone?
- A tree silhouetted against the sky
- A plant clinging to bricks way up high on the side of a building
- Moss growing along a roof gutter
What do you see when you... pause and look down, bend down, lay down?
- Roots of a tree pushing through tarmac
- A tiny plant growing in a crack of the pavement
- Fungi climbing the base of a wall
What do you see when you... wait for your bus, or for your coffee to brew?
- Uninvited plants in a flower bed
- A flower being visited by a bee
- An apple tree full of fruit on the edge of a railway
Smile and carry on with your day!
Take notice of nature throughout the seasons and share what you find with us @GrowWildUK using #NatureQuest.
*There is a wide variety of research on this available. For example, The physiological effects of Shinrin-yoku (taking in the forest atmosphere or forest bathing), published in Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine.